• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Strange Problems With IC7

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Docz0r

hey. i just recently bought two sticks of OCZ PC3200 512mb to run in a dual channel setup. I installed fine. grounded myslef and all. when i went to boot up the bios screen turned grey when it hit detecting IDE drives. There are two letters (DA) in a black box in the center of the screen. after i cahnge the memory configuration. ( like different slots or even the old memory and even going back to the two sticks OCZ in dual channel) it will do the same but will pass the grey screen for a checksum error. i can then continue to windows but it takes literally 8 min to load desktop. once up it is fine. i really have no idea what to do. ive reflashed the bios with latest version, which is the version i already had on it. iv gone back t other versions as well. all setting are at default.also when i can rarely access the setup menu on the advanced chipset features menu some items will only show up when i advance to them. when i reach one that deals with the hd the bios screen goes 90% red except for the award bios banner. this may be an easy fix and it may not be.
my comp specs are:
Pentium 4 2.53 w/ 533fsb
Abit IC7
either generic pc2100 in a 512 and 256 or the 2x512 pc3200 ocz
samsung 120 gb 7200rpm hd
ATI Radeon 9800 Pro
powmaxx 450w psu.

if theres anything else that can help ill post later. till then my comp is not going to be turned off. lol i cant stand having to open it up to startup and then waiting like 8 min.. whatever help can be given would be great. if theres no solution i can upgrade to a max3. so whatever

Last edited:
no i kept them seperate. i ran the individual sticks of pc2100 and i also ran the 3200 as individual sticks and together

Back