• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Question for those with a WW block

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Acurax

Wondering how tight you compress the springs when mounting this block... Anyone have a picture of theirs I could take a look at?

Reason I'm asking is I'm gettin mid-high 40's in temp under normal use with the following hardware/cooling:

AMD Barton 2500+ @ 3200+, 1.8v
Radeon 9800Pro
Asus A7N8X-D

WW Block
Swiftech GPU Block
Danner Mag 3
Cylinder Reservoir
86 Chevette HC (Dual 120x38mm Y.S. Tech fans push/pull)

Seems a little high to me...other systems on air are runnin approx the same temps w/ the same overclock, so gonna remount my water block first off, just want to make sure its done right...

thanks.

How about a little more info? What are ambient temps? What is the plumbing order? What thermal paste? How much thermal paste and how was it applied? When I ran AMD's, I didn't use springs at all, I went nuts to the block, very tight, probably tighter than necessary but I always got good results that way.

Order:
Pump --> HC --> CPU --> GPU --> Res --> back to pump

Ambient temp is roughly 29-30C
CPU idle was mid 40's... load, it peaked at 49C (Hot!!)

I moved to my basement, which is approx. 22C
CPU full load is 42-43C

As for thermal paste, AS3, very small thin layer applied with the edge of a phone card, just enough to cover the core.

Any more info you need just ask.

Oh, and my case cover is off right now... probly not the best for airflow. i'll throw it on and see what happens.

How are you getting these temps? Bear with me, do you have MBM5? With the A7N8X mobo, it has the capability to read the insocket thermistor AND the ondie diode in the CPU. With watercooling and the A7N8X, i have seen the thermistor read HIGHER than the diode, the diode is more accurate (well presumeably anyway). Temps dont seem that bad, although, they should be a bit better. Check what diode you are reading from, and perform another mount of the WB...

Back