• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What water?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

josh files

Registered
What type of water do you put in a watercooling system? Is just tap water ok? If you get anything like purple ice, what amount do you add to the water?

yeah use distilled unless you have the money to spend for fluid xp which costs 25$ for 32oz. if i were you i would go with distilled

Use distilled water and u could also buy some additives to it. The additives claim to distribute the heat more efficiently, prevent rust and or make the water diff color and reactive.

right now im using distilled with about 15% audi/vw blue antifreeze and then i cracked open an aquarium anti algi pill and poured it into the system

I use distilled water and Swiftech's HydrX coolant. It is a Green UV reactive anti-algie, anti-corrosion, antifreeze, coolant. And it cost $1.35 and is enough for 33oz of water which is more than enough for a 3block system.

Back