• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

[Yes or NO] all-in-one WC kit for a vid card?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mr.Guvernment

Hey all

once i get my x800PRO i was thinking, - since as far as i know it can do possibly 600 stable with a volt mod - other wise can do 520 easily and above - this card will have a modified VGA cooler on it already bnut i figure heck, why not Do WC, now i did buy a W/C set up already - i got a pump and such and would just need the VGA waterblock and a res - the rad though i got is HUGE!!!! like one that takes 120mm fan...lol and who knows what condition my other stuff is in

Would it be worth the say $200US to order one of water cooling kits ?

• Thermaltake AquariusII Liquid Cooling System,
  • Cooler Master Aquagate All-in-one liquid cooling system
  • Corsair Xtreme Water Cooling System

For cooling JUST the video card? (not the cpu) ?

As opposed to going out, buy a rad / pump / tubing again possibly as who knows what condition my other crap is in etc - then mouting it ALL in my case and all the funds that comes with building your own WC set up?

For less hassle - would one of these all-in-one systems be enough to cool JUST a VGA card?

I was thinking of watercooling just my VGA for awhile too. Building a setup from loose parts is cost-ineffective, because loose parts are just way more expensive and will likely provide cooling overkill.

Q-tek has some nice all-in (prefilled) watercooling kits, that, with a little modding, will fit any VGA.

1078134308.jpg

80€ over here at a local store. Not much, so worth the try. i still want to do it some time. More of them small kits are available - im sure one will fit your needs.

Yeah ws thinking what sizse tubbing they used s i would need to get a VGA blockj - suprised they only offer CPU ones - i guess they dont want to encourage u to remove your VGA heat sink.

ony thing i dont like about that Q-tek is the fans on top - as i would like to mount this in a 5' bay - the coolermaster - intakes from the front....

since i am getting the coolermaster stacker though i got plenty of room - i could get the q-tec and then mount a 120mm fan in the bays above that to suck air in
maybe make my own duct into that :D

^^ very true - would have to find the measuremetns of the block - could like just email them and ask how far apart the wholes are - could liekly angle it to fit with @ least 2 screws.

I woudl get a BIM and a c-systems pump with your choice of waterblocks, I would run 3/8" tubing at the largest. You could fit that bim and pump in a very small space. like if you had 2 fan holes in the back, put the bim in one and the pump fastened to the other.

You mite as well add a cpu block into it:)

Jon

^^ true - i guess cause now i am thikning more convinience - i got a 1/2' WC set up - had ot trash the CPU and GPU blocks because of corrosion - even though i took the right precuations (

so now i got a radiator / pump and some tubing but it is all 1/2' but as said the rad is like huige - i think like 5' x 5' - i am just thinking of headaches down the road - i guess i should wait until my coolermaster stacker show up this week - seee how my current gear may work :)

but who knows - if that does NOT work out ...... ?

well if you already have a pump and a radiator, you might as well put them to good use. all you need now is a vga block. i would also recoment using a t-line instead of a res too.

do you have a 5' by 5' core or a 5" by 5" core. If its really 5' by 5' then it could easily handle another vga block. easily

5 inch x 5 inch or something like that

Anyways dam customs has my case! so i am hoping i can get it out tomorrow or by saturday the latest - if so will see how well my W/C stuff i still got may fit in this case.

Back