• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Water block with Question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ble81

I just got my new water block and I put it in my computer. I got the X-Aqua AMD Block from Xoxide.com. http://www.xoxide.com/xaquaamdblock.html The price was nice and so I decided to give it a try. I put it in my computer and my temps are at 33°C instead of the "normal"
37°C - 41°C so I am happy about that. I also got a heater core from Danger Den a couple of weeks ago and I put a shroud on it with a 120mm fan. I can feel the air flowing through it pretty well. I think that 33°C is a decent temp when I o/c my 2500+ Barton to at least 2112.Mhz. cannot get a 200Mhz FSB but that is a different post altogether..... I am wondering if there is anything that I can do to get an even lower temp in my homemade setup. I have an aqua pump in a reservoir and I am running my water cooling system in a box under the PC. any suggestions are welcome. Thanks.

-Brian

if your rad isn't shrouded already, you should make a shroud for it. also if your only using one fan on your radiator, then getting another fan and setting them up in a push-pull configuration would also lower your temperatures.

I do have a shroud for this rad that I made out of thin wall coragated cardboard. It fits very nicely with a 120mm fan mounted on it. The rad that I got is the bare one from Danger Den. http://www.dangerden.com/images/heater_core/heater_core_large.gif
I have the Via Aqua VA302 Submersible pump. it says 130 Gallons per hour. Which I thought was a pretty good pump. I have a theory about how they rate these pumps but I will save that for another post also. Not much more to say about the system except that it is holding at 33°C with this new block and that I have a feeling that the water has alot to do with how well it keeps the chip cool ..... I am using distilled water with just a touch of dish detergent in it to make the water thinner / wetter. My brother just picked up a Koolance system and it came with a bag of water that was pretreated and his temps are between 27°C and 29°C . He is sending me a bag of the water and I think maybe some solution for distilled water. Other than the fact that he bought his w/c system and I made my own there are very little differences in the way they work..... unless koolance uses a better pump. ?!?!?!?!
Just a note that I am not worried about a 33°C temp. but we are always trying to get a lower temp in order to be able to overclock our computers. (Not to mention the competition that I have with my brother to be able to brag about how low my temps are. ) wouldn't it be cool to say that I am getting 22°C - 25°C temps with my little "Homemade" system under load. (I don't think it could ever happen but why not dream a little bit.)

Last edited:
I'd suggest a new pump and , dont put your creation under the case.. bring it higher , where it is exposed to more air and also get some air running through the card board box just some tips for some temps correct me if im wrong

Back