• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

errro

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

lilneel12

ERROR that restarts my computer!!

i just installed xp home on my other computer and for some reason i am getting this error and it automatically restarts my computer.
the error says: it is a system shutdown error and it has at 55 sec timer until it restarts:
it says, c:/windows/system32/lsass.exe.
status code=1073741819

-it also says its at NT Authority System error. I don'tk now what this means.

wat is this??
it pops up in a matter of minutes after my computer turned on and after it restarted, it pops again

thanks

Last edited:
Yeah, blaster or sasser worm :(

Allways allways allways remember to unplug your net connection (or to not dial up) when doing a fresh install. Those worms are evil, and you'll want a hardware or software firewall enabled before exposing your beautiful new install to the horrors of the 'net.

JigPu

just found out exactly what the problem is, well this is my cousins computer and i was helping him fix it,
-it was his dsl connection. we disabled the connection and the problem was gone for hours, then within minutes of enableing the connection, the error popped up. so he's gonna call verizon tommorow and see wat they can do. I will try unplugging the connection and then reinstalling windows
thanks for the help

Yep, good old blaster. I had the same problem on my crappy old laptop. Like it was said, keep your computer disconected while doing new installs, but for now, try some good anti virus software and I think windows update does have an unpdate the protects against the blaster worm

Back