• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A predicament getting A64 mounting hardware for my Cascade Waterblock

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

felinusz

Senior Overclocking Magus
I have a Socket A Cascade Waterblock, currently in use with my Socket A system.

The problem is that I intend to overhaul to an A64 S754 based system in the next month, and don't have the A64 mounting hardware for my Cascade. I know that Cathar sells the hardware from his website, but I have been unable to get in touch with him via email or PM in order to get the parts.

Does anyone know of a place that sells a mounting plate/hardware that could substitute for the one I don't have, perhaps hardware intended for use with another block? Barring availability of such parts, how difficult would it be to cut my own hold-down plates out of aluminum?

This is really a problem for me, because I'll have to sell/trade my Cascade for another block if I can't get A64 mounting hardware for it - something I really, really, really don't want to have to do.

Any help is much appreciated!

felinusz, I'll get back to you soon. My apologies. Been swamped with my real job and haven't been responded to emails as regularly as I should be, at all. I've also run out of a few necessary parts (barbs) making it a little difficult to get things done quickly.

It's my fault - but I'll get in touch soon.

I guess I'll start looking for a diagram of your typical socket 754, I can easily make a spec sheet for the block with the upper dimensions, and hopefully find an actual-size pic of the mounting plate as well.

The main thing is mounting the plate onto the Socket A block, and then the plate onto the motherboard, in a secure and firm manner, allowing for lots of even pressure :-/.

Thanks for the idea/motivation to get me started GreenMan :)

If you're in a rush, the AthlonXP mount holes are 88mm apart from center to center, and you use a 6/32 threaded screw to bolt into the mounting bracket that comes with the mobo.

Thanks a ton Cathar! :)

I've still got a few weeks to kill, so there's no real rush - I just figured that it's best to get absolutely essential parts like this out of the way before buying a CPU and Motherboard :)

Double posted you there and missed your first post, sorry ;)

felinusz said:
I guess I'll start looking for a diagram of your typical socket 754, I can easily make a spec sheet for the block with the upper dimensions, and hopefully find an actual-size pic of the mounting plate as well.

The main thing is mounting the plate onto the Socket A block, and then the plate onto the motherboard, in a secure and firm manner, allowing for lots of even pressure :-/.

Thanks for the idea/motivation to get me started GreenMan :)

you can do it

if you can rip apart my relay box, you can fabricate a plate of metal

if you can rip apart my relay box, you can fabricate a plate of metal

Hehehehe :)

For your information, that relay is the single most well-built piece of computer hardware I've ever owned, including cases :)

It's still faithfully doing its job too :)

Back