• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

boot problems in xp 64 bit......

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bigswede2

I cant install xp 64 bit. I want to try it but it wont boot from cd , win xp pro boots fine. I've tried 2 different cds 64bit i downloaded from microsoft beta version i then burnt this to a cd but it wont boot. and i have a so called full version of xp 64 bit which i also burnt to cd but this doesnt boot either I burned them with nero and with win xp own software neither worked I opened them with daemon tools and copied them to cd maybe this is the mistake Please help................

I forgot my system is :

asus A8V deluxe
athlon 64 fx 53
1024 corsair pc 4000 mem
x800pro card
1x 200gb sata baracuda
1x160gb sata maxtor (no raid)

Try using Nero to burn the CD image to disk. If you are just copying the files across then I doubt the CD will be bootable. Hence why it doesnt work.

bigswede2 said:
I did but it is a bin file and I must open it first no cue file of any sort or......

Hmm.. pass. Does Nero not want to open it? Can you not make up your own cue sheets (I remember someone saying it was quite easy).

I must open it first because nero will only burn the file without opening it as for cue files i dont know how to make my own.

Back