• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P4C800-E Deluxe rev. 2.00 Differences

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sp00L

I just got another P4C800-E Deluxe in from zipzoomfly and started doing a visual comparison to my current P4C which I've had since about December 2003 that I bought at canadacomputers in Mississuaga.

First thing I noticed is that all of the tall capacitors are different, color mainly. Next, between the socket and the back of the board there were only 2 mosfets, the new board has 3 mosfets. At the bottom between the socket and the board's edge, current board has 2 mosfet and the new board has 3. I've counted 14 mosfets on the current board, and this new one has in excess of 17! I noticed I only need 721 ohms, not 35K on my droop mod so I think I've f#@ked it up and was going to redo it on this new board.

Current board has a sticker inbetween the PCI slots labelling it as a rev 2.00. This new board has P4C800-E, rev 2.00 printed right on the pcb. I'll let everyone know how this thing works out over the next couple of days. Maybe some new goodness will emerge during this "downtime" in the computer industry.

Spool,

Do Zipzoomfly ship to canada? I just killed my Rev.2 P4C800-E from flashing it to bios 1009. Im planning on getting another one.....Did the droop mod on the dead mobo and vdimm mod also ....too easy...

I work in Buffalo, so I have a mailbox there. I don't think they ship internationally, but check them out: www.zipzoomfly.com and see if that's changed. Newegg just dropped their price to a $1 cheaper but they don't ship internationally.

Vflux said:
Spool,

Do Zipzoomfly ship to canada? I just killed my Rev.2 P4C800-E from flashing it to bios 1009. Im planning on getting another one.....Did the droop mod on the dead mobo and vdimm mod also ....too easy...

cant u jst reflash it to make it alive again? :)

Everything is up and running. No big difference. Vcore still bounces. I did notice that with the vdimm mod, only 2 different settings are usable in the bios, ie auto, 2.65 & 2.75 give the same voltage, 2.85 gives .1 higher. My old board, 2.65 & 2.75 would give different usable values.

Ciku,

I wish it's that easy dude to recover from a "CPU TEST FAILED" from the chick, but i had a strong feeling that bios 1009 couldnt recover from my oced......I even did the droop mod and vdimm perfectly and still.....would not post.

I've been googling stuff bout this and it seems that im not the only one getting a "CPU TEST FAILED" error......

SPool,

I dont think they ship internationally as you stated earlier.....i'll try to browse the classified forum see if someone is selling a p4c800-e instead....but i'll probably grab at a canadian vendor.

B.O.L
Vflux

2 days running fine with the new board. Same overclock, nothing new here. However, I've reseated my waterblock a few times with AS5 and noticed that cpu temps are consistenly 3 C higher than the older board. Even load temps are 3 C higher. This is 28/38 vs. 25/35 idle/load. Maybe this board is more beefed up to handle prescott. But now my mods work more as anticipated. Before I only needed 8K Ohms on the vdimm to get 3.0 where most people needed 15K. Now I need ~15K for the vdimm, more in line with how the board should work. Vcore I needed only 720 Ohms for the droop mod, now I need ~25K to 35K, more in line with expectations. Not sure if I really f#@#ed the original mods as the older board tested 24 hrs. dual prime95 stable at 3.6. I turned up my 5v rail on the psu and all of the other rails seem more stable. Not sure if this is only the new board, but the old board had voltage flucuations all over the place. I guess my little northie just won't do 3.7.

Spool have you tried booting withing 1.625V and 1.650V yet...Coz the board that died on me either had a slow boot within that voltage or it doesnt boot at all....

It seems that these boards have different characteristics......mine's vcore was all over the place either.....

G.L.
Vflux

It boots fine 1.6 and 1.625. But with the droop mod I have it set to 1.55 in bios and 1.616 actual. I went as far as 1.625 in bios, 1.66 actual. Typically 1.6-1.675 in bios doesn't work, hence the droop mod.

Back