• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Getting Activatation Codes Error

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sagitta85

Getting Serial Number Error

I always get this error when I download a beta for a game. When it click to go the website to get the serial number, it gives me this error.

Here is a picture of it when I tried to get a free antivirus software.

error1.gif

Any ideas?

Before you can download the free version of AVG, you need to register with Grisoft...unless of course you downloaded the software from someplace like Majorgeeks, in which case you're not sent a serial number that you can use to install the program. When you register with Grisoft, you're sent a serial number to your email addy...which you would need to enter in the Serial Number field, in order to progress with the install of the program.

Try downloading AVG 6 directly from Grisoft...

http://free.grisoft.com/freeweb.php

redduc900 said:
Before you can download the free version of AVG, you need to register with Grisoft...unless of course you downloaded the software from someplace like Majorgeeks, in which case you're not sent a serial number that you can use to install the program. When you register with Grisoft, you're sent a serial number to your email addy...which you would need to enter in the Serial Number field, in order to progress with the install of the program.

Try downloading AVG 6 directly from Grisoft...

http://free.grisoft.com/freeweb.php

I did registered with Grisoft, but I didn't get a serial number in the e-mail they sent me. The e-mail they sent me was a link to the download.

Unless Grisoft changed their registration procedure...try registering again, and re-download the software. They should (or at least they used to) send you the serial number to your email addy.
To get your copy of AVG Anti-Virus FREE, follow these steps:

1. Complete the simple registration form.
2. In several minutes, you will receive a confirmation e-mail message that will include the url link for downloading the installation package (Please note - the link is unique and is valid for three days - only! If your link has expired, it will be necessary repeat the registration process.)
3. Click on the link provided in the e-mail to download the installation file.
4. By clicking on the link, your e-mail address will be confirmed and your unique Serial Number will be sent to you by e-mail.
5. Enter your Serial Number when prompted to do so during the installation setup - we recommend that you use the COPY/PASTE feature of Windows.

Back