• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Eheim 1260 - Wow, this thing is a beast.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AudiMan

I didn't think it would be this big! lol, temps are about the same, but still waiting for all air bubbles to clear. Gonna redo the tubing too since they're a bit stained.

And for anyone who is going to make a comment about choosing a 1260, well, I like to experiment. This is a hobby afterall :)

1260-1.jpg

1260-2.jpg

1260-3.jpg

Last edited:
I tested it in my bathtub before I installed it. Man, does it ever have a lot of pressure and move lots of water.

I have a 1260 & I agree this pump is HUGE...I decided to have the pump external because of the size.

I have been happy with the performance though.

frodoski said:
Huge!

But... with 635 GPH with zero head...and...12 ft 1" of head...who cares how big it is! Although runnig it 24/7 is like have a 65 watt light bulb burning all the time.
But a Laing D4 draws much less power and has virtually the same head... Not to mention that it's much smaller and they also fixed the noise problem. I'd say the D4 is as close to a 'perfect' pump as we've come so far...

Cyrix_2k said:
But a Laing D4 draws much less power and has virtually the same head... Not to mention that it's much smaller and they also fixed the noise problem. I'd say the D4 is as close to a 'perfect' pump as we've come so far...
Yep. The 1260 is actually a horribly inefficient pump... 50W for 3M of max head, not very good. My Iwaki MD-15 has 3.4M head, 31W.

Temps are up by a few degrees. This pump is probably helping the prescott warm up the water. :)

u have a maze 4 block and a pump with lots of pressure/flow
whats the point of putting a 1260 in that system anyways, like u said, it IS helping the prescott warm up the water.

I know, I'm keeping it for another system that will be far more restrictive. I just want to test it out for the time being. I'll either put the 1250 back in there or put an MCP600 in there. Or I might even add another HC at the top of the case, who knows. I've got two D-Tek Pro cores sitting in my closet. Whatever my mood is on any given day I guess :)

AudiMan said:
I know, I'm keeping it for another system that will be far more restrictive. I just want to test it out for the time being. I'll either put the 1250 back in there or put an MCP600 in there. Or I might even add another HC at the top of the case, who knows. I've got two D-Tek Pro cores sitting in my closet. Whatever my mood is on any given day I guess :)
Why not try a Laing D4? DD sells 'em.

fafnir said:
is that milk running in your system again?

if its really air bubbles like you say it is, have you ever considered a resevoir?

maybe it'll help,

just a thought

_

Looks to me like his tubing is just discolored.

fafnir said:
is that milk running in your system again?

if its really air bubbles like you say it is, have you ever considered a resevoir?

maybe it'll help,

just a thought

_

Yeah I used some Skim milk. Maybe that's why temps are up? Resevoirs are a waste I think.

Non noob question -

and not pickin on anyone, BUT

Why is it that so many people use the eheim pumps?

And you can't answer using any of the following words or their synonyms:
-Flow
-Max Head
-Cost
-Efficency
-Features
-Reliability
-Availability
-Sound level

Just wondering

And Eheim makes one bigger than this. The 1262 900GPH 11.5' max head

Everyone has to start somewhere. I started here.

Schmeide said:
Non noob question -

and not pickin on anyone, BUT

Why is it that so many people use the eheim pumps?

And you can't answer using any of the following words or their synonyms:
-Flow
-Max Head
-Cost
-Efficency
-Features
-Reliability
-Availability
-Sound level

Just wondering

And Eheim makes one bigger than this. The 1262 900GPH 11.5' max head

Everyone has to start somewhere. I started here.

Because of all the reasons you said we can't use. Especially the third to last.

Eheims are reliable, that is true. But MOST magnetic drive pumps (not including the cheap cheapies like the RIO's) are very reliable.

I am picking out a pump for my 1st WC system, and it seems like 1/2 of the WC population uses the eheim. And I can't figure out why.

There are pumps available that are everything the 1250 is, but 1/2 the cost. The only tiny edge that the eheim MIGHT have is reliability. I would rather buy 2 other pumps, run them together and crank up the max head or the flow. Then if one happens to die there would still be one cranking along just as good as the eheim.

Does this make sense, or am I in la la land?

Back