• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My Lian Li PC-V1100b watercooling mod

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

InvisGreenMan

Let the mod begin! Lets cool this baby down. Please feel free to ask questions, add comments or juwst give me ideas.

Feast!

MVC-001F.jpg

MVC-003F.jpg

New_Image1.jpg

New_Image2.jpg

35023420.jpg

SCREAMING SILENCE!

The outlet of the MCP600 will come straight out and up, and the other barb on the Rad will either snake over and come out the same hole or I will cut a 1 inch hole for it on the angled aluminium above the rad...still not sure.

what radiator is that, and where does the air enter the case from? I dont see any holes in the front for airflow...

That looks very nice. Spanko the air intake is hidden under the front bezel. Air is sucked in from underneath the front of the case. It helps keep the case silent. There is a removable filter to help keep dust to a minimum.

Wow, that is one of nicest cases I have ever seen. As far as the water cooling part, looking good so far.

That space where the radiator and pump are mounted looks like it was designed for that. Looks great so far, and has the potential to be a very clean setup.

That space where the radiator and pump are mounted looks like it was designed for that.
Absolutely ! It's quite impressive.
Still trying to put my hands on a V2000B out there in Europe - Lian Li still don't import them :(
The V-series are perfect watercooling cases !

The upper barb of the radiator is not in such a good location since the tubing has to go down somewhat then immediately go up through the hole that the outtake of the pump is using. I suggest hooking the intake of the pump to the upper barb for easier routing (less opposing bends for the lower barb to get to that hole) and it would be easier to get air of the radiator if the exhaust of the radiator is higher than the intake.

where does the hd cooler suck air from? that case looks sweet, but i would prefer more ventalation in the front (i realise its not made for that).

i think the idea of puting another hole for the radiator out is a good idea

klath said:
The upper barb of the radiator is not in such a good location since the tubing has to go down somewhat then immediately go up through the hole that the outtake of the pump is using. I suggest hooking the intake of the pump to the upper barb for easier routing (less opposing bends for the lower barb to get to that hole) and it would be easier to get air of the radiator if the exhaust of the radiator is higher than the intake.

Oh, great idea! I think I am going to change that. :)

As for the HDD's. The will be cooled by a Lian Li 5.25" bay HDD rack that holds 3 HDD's. It is cooled by the 5V panaflo LA1. I am not worried about their temps much bacause they are seagates and have tep monitoring. If they do get warm, I can open the front door and intake some cool, fresh-filtered air for them.

I just love that case. I love how the rad sits in that little compartment. The first time I saw the case after Lian-Li unveiled it I envisioned removing the hard drive rails and putting a rad and fan up there.

I would have gotten the full tower version for my latest project if it wasn’t for the motherboard sitting upside down and the last few PCI slots preventing me from putting a Dual 120mm rad in the top of the case.

jenkx said:
I would have gotten the full tower version for my latest project if it wasn’t for the motherboard sitting upside down and the last few PCI slots preventing me from putting a Dual 120mm rad in the top of the case.
You can *easily* put a dual 120mm (and still have plenty of room) in the bottom section of the full tower version (PC-V2000) - BTW that's exactly what i'm planning to do ;)

SureFoot said:
You can *easily* put a dual 120mm (and still have plenty of room) in the bottom section of the full tower version (PC-V2000) - BTW that's exactly what i'm planning to do ;)

I really want to see this. No doubt you'll keep us posted right?

Were are the progress pics of this rig? It's been a few days since this tread was launched. I'm sure InvisGreenMan has done something else to the setup by now.

Back