• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

additives quanties?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

josh files

Registered
Ok I've decided on which additives I'm going to use
Water wetter
Distilled Water
Antifreeze
Listirine (For killing germs)
what quanties should I use (percentages).

I could be wrong, but i don't think you need both water wetter, and antifreeze/

As for listerine, I'm pretty sure the antifreeze will kill off anything that the listerine might be able to. (as long as the antifreeze is not the non-toxic version)

10% antifreeze, 90% distilled is my vote.

Heh, I feel safer using all. Water Wetter=Corrosion, Antifreeze=Preventing Distilled Water From causing Corrosion, Listerine=Killing Germs (Antifreeze does job OK, but listerine should do it better) and Distilled Water=Main Ingredient

Do you plan on using dirty equipment? If not don’t bother with Listerine. Keep it a closed system and distilled water and maybe some antifreeze for anti-corrosion. WW tends to gunk up the system and smells. The Listerine might kill your tubing depending on what you use. You don’t want to be mixing chemical cocktails unless you know what you’re doing.

It would help to know what your system will be made up of... Listerine is a bad bad idea IMO. Have you looked at the ingredients? Listerine is for your MOUTH... Let's see; sorbitol, flavoring, poloxamer 407, benzoic acid, sucralose, sodium benzonate, cochineal extract. IIRC, sodium is very bad to have in the loop, i cant imagine sugar being good either...

i Wold not either use Listenine in my system. I go hold of a bottle of Listerine mint and read the ingredients and used it to wash my mouth, and it gave me a sticki caramel coating sort of way in my mouth. Dont think thats good for a WC system. I always try to test the solutions in a jar with a digital Ph reader just to get the ph balance on my system right. Right now im using Dtek supercool with sterelized water and a algeakiller solution, for color i use a bic intensive ballpen, not a marker or highliter pen. And i got a ph of 8.1, and thats an ok figure for a watercooling loop with swiftechs bluetop blocks in it. Also i dont think its to good to mix Water wetter and antifreezer together. I personally would never use water wetter in my system. Have tryed it, with bad experienses though, but thats just my own opinions.

Back