• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Global add-in in MS Office?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Veland

Hi!

I'm working on a fileing system, just a small thing to make sure some keywords are set. So, when a user tries to save any office document, som system checks to see if any keywords are set, and if not, pop up a window with a given selection of keywords.

Now, so far I've managed to make a vb thing that checks for existing keywords, gives a window and saves chosen keywords. And it captures any save operations, so it can't be fooled easily.

The problem is that this is a macro embedded in each file (from the template used to create a new document) and therefor files created outside my organization does not prompt for keywords, and when files are sent to others you get the "contains macro" warning.

So, I need ideas for something that does the same thing without being attached as a macro. An add-in maybe? Come with your ideas please!

Anyone has any guidance to offer? Even message boards that have these types of questions would be helpful..

Back