• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Reboot without rebooting windows?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

E_tron

I visit my BIOS often. Unfortunately, in order to get to it i have to restart windows usually when doing something important. Recently, i tried hibernation within windows. This allows me to continue what i was doing when i come back from the bios, but hibernation turns the computer off(which is kind of harsh for my hardware)

Is there a easy way to make windows XP restart the computer instead of turning it off after hibernation data is written to disk?

what do you visit your bios for? if it is for messing with oc settings, you could try using abits uguru tool.
http://www.abit-usa.com/downloads/utility/uguru/1.21/ABIT_uGuru_v1.21.exe
i believe it lets you change the bios settings while in windows. i think utilities like this are useful to try and find good oc settings, which you can then put into the bios.

im not 100% sure that that is what the uguru utility does, but i think it is

Oh...I am sooo going to look into this tonight. I am very new to OCing and it gets very tedious rebooting all of the time, just to find out that what I did had little effect.

hehe, you should have tried oc'ing when it was all manual jumpers that you had to use tweezers to remove and put back in...talk about tedious! then, of course, you'd drop it the mess of tangled wires and have to shake the box to get it back out....man, learning to oc on softbios...and within windows...geesh, ppl have it ez these days =)

agreed...the silly thing is that I have only been working with computers for just over a year. I'm moving right along, but I've got lots of catching up to do.

does uGURU work with the NF7-S? I'm lead to believe that it only works with uGURU boards (like the AN7)

Back