• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need drivers for a mobility Radeon 9000

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Krusty

Insane Overclocking Clown
So I've got this Inspiron 600m with a mobility Radeon 9000. ATIs official catalyst drivers are not compatible with mobility video cards and manufacturers never offer updated drivers.

I've taken to playing City of Heroes on my laptop, but I am constantly getting unhandled exceptions, most likely due to my old video card drivers. So I started a search for some updated drivers for my video card. So far, all I've found was www.omegadrivers.net, but those drivers have a problem with my video card. When I switch to a smaller resolution, the picture sits in the center of the screen instead of being stretched to fit the entire screen.

Anyone know of any other drivers that will work with a mobility Radeon 9000?

I believe you have to get the laptop video drivers from the manufacturers website, I have a mobility 7500 in my VAIO and I couldn't find any drivers anywhere except for Sony's site.

Leviathan41 said:
I believe you have to get the laptop video drivers from the manufacturers website, I have a mobility 7500 in my VAIO and I couldn't find any drivers anywhere except for Sony's site.

The omega drivers worked wonderfully on my girlfriends sony laptop w/ mobility radeon 9000. So there are drivers out there that work. I just need to find a different one for my Inspiron 600m

sweet, I'll try it out.

EDIT: linkage in that forum thread is dead. I'm searching through the rage3d front page now for any info.

Last edited:
Back