• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Deciding between VGA blocks

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
The maze 4 seems to be a common block. I don't know much about the video card blocks except that I had a similar post asking for recommendations. Most people are familiar with the maze 4 blocks and recommended them, but a bunch of people were very high on the silverprop fusion HL block which I eventually went with. They are pretty hard to find, especially in the US. I ordered from criticool.com which is in canada. The guy that runs the site is really great at responding to emails and they just got some in.

SilverProp Fusion HL = costs more, ALL copper so no corrosion, higher clearance for ramsinks, less restrictive than Maze4.

Maze4 = cheaper, you can switch between ATI and Nvidia by merely changing which holes you plug the screws in.

klath said:
SilverProp Fusion HL = costs more, ALL copper so no corrosion, higher clearance for ramsinks, less restrictive than Maze4.

Maze4 = cheaper, you can switch between ATI and Nvidia by merely changing which holes you plug the screws in.

2 Days ago, i just grabbed a Silverprop Cyclone FusionHL block, i havent installed it yet, but so far, im extremely impressed with it. It's got really great solid construction, nice and heavy too :D. Only thing that im not impressed with is the bad lap job.

But so far, the silverprop block, to me is the sexiest block i have, out of my RBX and Maze 4 chipset block. mmmmmm... drool...

Also, the Silverprop block can be fitted with FX clips. The silverprop originally caters for ATi cards, but the FX clips allow the Silverprop block to be fitted onto a Nvidia FX card.

Im supposed to write a review on this block, so within this month, i should have a review on the Silverprop block up.

oh, and the top of the silverprop block is brass, not copper, but still, no chance of corrosion whilst the top of the Maze 4 is Anodized Aluminium with a copper base. If you guys ever want the silverprop block, you can e-mail silverprop and they will do international shipping.

I grabbed my HL last weekend, along with a brass top RBX. Super sexy blocks! I lapped my HL with 600/800/2000, so that's all good now.

You can't use the included plastic pins and springs with the 9800 series (and likely others too). They're not long enough, since the core and shim sit higher than the older cards. I got the screw kit with mine for free, didn't come with the springs though, but I don't need those.

wouldn't lapping the silverprop hl's base make it have bad contact with the gpu core?

wfarid said:
i think it does... can anyone else confirm this?
I'm pretty postive the x800's and the 9800's have the same mounting holes... so yes, me thinks it does.

Back