• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Custom WC setup...look good?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DrAwesomePhD

Alright, im trying to make a custom watercooling setup. Ive tried a bunch to get the best setup possible, because i dont plan on upgrading this....until something breaks :p. So here it goes, i have never setup any watercooling systems, so if there is anything that looks wierd, might be difficult to install, etc. please tell me... here it goes.

Water Block (Whitewater)
Pump
Reseviour
Radiator
Shroud
Fans (yes i know they are expensive someone else is paying hehe)
Tubing (i dont know how much i need....)
And some arctic silver which im too lazy to get thelink for.

That is my current setup. I am looking for effectiveness, but also silence. So if there is anything anyone could suggest, please do. I am planning on getting a VGA cooler, but not now...too much money upgrading already. When i get a better vid card i will get VGA block as well.

Really appreciate it.

How 'bout adding a fna controller into the mix... Also, get either a DD 12v pump (Laing D4) or the swiftech MCP600 if you want silence AND performance. For the heater-core, buy a fedco 2-342.

The mag 3 is a very strong pump and will work well with the heatercore you picked. The mag 3 is a little noisy, nothing like a tornado but louder than a normal case fan.

fhanderson said:
The mag 3 is a very strong pump and will work well with the heatercore you picked. The mag 3 is a little noisy, nothing like a tornado but louder than a normal case fan.
But he's looking for silence... My MCP600 can be heard over my fans quite well, but then again I have NO case fans, one fan for my rad, and two fans for my PSU. Every fan is hooked to my fan controller and is able to be turned off completely. My hard drive (40gb Maxtor Dimondmax9) uses the fluid drive technology and nearly silent. I personally feel that if he wants silence, like me, a Mag3 would be a bad choice.

mag 3 isn't loud. This is a common misunderstanding..
it simply vibrates a lot, and this causes sound. Prevent vibrations, and you will prevent noise.

Korndog said:
mag 3 isn't loud. This is a common misunderstanding..
it simply vibrates a lot, and this causes sound. Prevent vibrations, and you will prevent noise.
I've never heard the mag3 so I'm only able to judge it by what others have said.

Get the DD 12v (D4) its quiet (as quiet if not quieter than the MCP600) It is also more powerful than the MCP600. It is comparable to an Iwaki MD-15.
You can buy it at DangerDen, voyeurmods or you can wait a bit and get it from swiftech (under the name MCP650).

Definetely go MCP600 or D4 !! you wont regret it.

SenC.

Back