• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

trouble bleeding air from system

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

covana2244

With my new water cooling setup there is no room for a t line or res so I opted for filling it under water and bleeding the air that way. I have tried 3 times but everytime end the same. I let it pump for about hour, turn the pump on and off about 20 times to make sure all the air is out, and all while shaking the components to make sure there is no air bubbles trapped. Once satisfied I got it all I complete the loop under water to so I don't get air in the tubes.

As of this point there is no air bubbles. I let it run for 2 hours or so then I turn the pump off them back on and a bunch of bubbles spray through the system. why am i having problems?
thanks for the help!

you could have a leak in the system somewhere check all you conections and make sure that they are not leaking then check you pump make sure it doesnt have a crack in it

maybe u have air getting trapped in the rad tank since the barbs are lower then the tank air gets stuck up there and is hard to get out i even though about drilling a hole in the top of my heatercore just for that reason

none of the fittings have leaks, how could my pump have a crack in it? By the way I have a mag 3, it makes a kind of clicking noise only when the system loop in closed.

When I squeeze the intake hose going into the pump, the water going through the outtake house from the pump is filled with tiny bubbles. This happens when the system loop open and both tubes are in the bucket.

How big of a deal are the tiny bubbles? will they effect my temps?

Last edited:
covana2244 said:
none of the fittings have leaks, how could my pump have a crack in it? By the way I have a mag 3, it makes a kind of clicking noise only when the system loop in closed.

When I squeeze the intake hose going into the pump, the water going through the outtake house from the pump is filled with tiny bubbles. This happens when the system loop open and both tubes are in the bucket.

How big of a deal are the tiny bubbles? will they effect my temps?

its not really temps to worry about its the pump, sucking on air will kill the pump.

Back