• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best Defrag Software Ever!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jarlaxe

Disabled
Anyone have any good suggestions for the best defraging software? I need one that you guys use all the time and actually see an improvement. Windows XP Defrag sucks times 5. All suggestions welcome. Also I don't care if you have to pay for it or not, it can be expensive, just give me some names.

I use O&O defrag, has different methods of defrag, method for faster read, faster write, stealth for heavy load/servers, for maximum freespace, very low swapspace needed etc...

I use a program "perfect disk", really like it.. nice interface, and professional defrag techniques...

I like diskeeper as well. It's definately become #1 in my list of system tools that are a must have. Only thing I don't like, (probably user error) is that I can not get it to work on Windows 2000 Pro. I am using Diskeeper 8.0 Pro edition & everytime I goto install towards the end when it states, "starting services". I get a message that pops up telling me that I may not have authorization to perform this task & setup can not continue or something along those lines. I created a thread awhile back about this, with zero comments. I'm logged in as Admin & definately have sufficient privileges.

Other than that, A+ Just have to find a different defrag app when I set my dually rig up with win2k Pro......... :D

Well, I chose Perfect Disk, because 1) On Perfect Disk website they conmpared the 2 and Perfect Disk is supposed to have some kind of smart defrag or whatever 2) I used Diskeeper before and never noticed a difference before defrag and after. To tell you the truth after I defraged with Perfect Disk, the computer seemed once again bad to its snappy self. Stupid Windows Defrag: "You do not need to Defrag this drive" <----POS Windows, I just installed 30 programs you low expectation, abid mother****er! LOL

Also I need a good registry cleaner, stuff that gets rid of the build up to make my comp run like new. Any good ones you guys use?

Jarlaxe said:
Also I need a good registry cleaner, stuff that gets rid of the build up to make my comp run like new. Any good ones you guys use?

Well I dunno much about em but here are the ones I've used
Regcleaner helps you remove registries manually.. there is also an automatic option somewhere.. my personal favourite
Regsupreme is another program I've recently used, very effective.
:burn:

I'm going to try Diskeeper right now...

As far as the Reg cleaner, I would start a new thread for that one. That way you will get more people that see it on the main page that can answer.

EDIT/UPDATE: It won't let me install it?!? It says that the program is for Win 95, Win 98, ME, and XP Home.

I have XP Pro... =(

Last edited:
I use Diskeeper, and it works fine. As for versions, make sure that you get the right one for your OS before you buy it.

i have to vote for diskkeeper, but it doesn't do a perfect job... sometimes if your disk is a mess, it will take a LOT OF runs to clean it up....

norton speeddisk works better in my opinion... but i still use diskkeeper...

ps. diskeeper scheduler doesn't work that well either... always have issues with it...

Back