• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Recomended watercooling kit ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

PARR

Registered
I would like to just buy a watercooling kit instead of buying each piece serperatly as this is my first time..

Any kit recomended ?

well.... if you want to get a complete kit, i would get one from www.dangerden.com. since this is your first time, you dont have that much knowledge about water cooling, but over time, youll know alot about it (if you keep reading these forums). save yourself alot of time and money and get a kit from dangerden. hmm, if you buy a "cheap" kit, like a corsair hydrocool, asetek waterchill, koolance exos, coolermaster aquagate, later on you might regret it because you will want better cooling. i would recommend getting

Danderden TDX waterblock (or swiftech MCW6002)
Black Ice Xtreme (or BIX2, Thermochill , or a nice dual heatercore)
Danderden 12v pump (or MCP600)
1/2" clearflex60 (tygon if u can afford it)
1/2" T-Line

those are all top performers, so if you decide to add more waterblocks (GPU, chipset) your system can handle it, hope this helps.

Kits are usually way overpriced, i've been looking for one for a while, not any good deals around though...ever =x. Though trying to buy all the parts seperately is a huge pain in the arse, there is so many different parts to buy and it's really confusing. So it's probably worth the extra $40 just to get a kit. I might do that, anyone like those kits at DD? Or lemme know a good build for a custom kit, don't wanna pay more than $200, you can PM me if you want, don't wanna hijack the thread :p

btw, anyone know how high shipping prices are at DD?

Try this one H20-8600 series at http://www.swiftnets.com/
I started with an older one but you get a good pump and something you can upgrade, easy fill and bleed system.
Swiftech makes really good stuff and they provide good instructions. The pump is nice because you just plug it into an empty molex from your power supply, and the pump is very quiet.
This will give you a good start to change, add, and modify down the road.
Oh, one last thing, you probably won't have to do a single mod on your case :)

bizhar said:
Try this one H20-8600 series at http://www.swiftnets.com/
I started with an older one but you get a good pump and something you can upgrade, easy fill and bleed system.
Swiftech makes really good stuff and they provide good instructions. The pump is nice because you just plug it into an empty molex from your power supply, and the pump is very quiet.
This will give you a good start to change, add, and modify down the road.
Oh, one last thing, you probably won't have to do a single mod on your case :)

Anyone else like that kit? $215 seems like a lot with no GPU included.. Plus It would suck to pay $215 and still have to upgrade later. I've heard that pump (MCP-600) is noisy too, anyone know?

Last edited:
Those Dangerden kits are horrendously overpriced. Their premade kits are about the same price as most kits, but they use old tech like Maze 4 blocks and crap. Their 'custom' kits (so you can get the new blocks), are extremely expensive. The best deals are the new Swiftech kits. Good pump, great block, the bleed/fill setup all for about $200, which is about what you'd pay for a Koolance Exos or a Corsair Hydrocool, but much better performance. About the only complaint you might have with the Swiftech kits are the radiators. The dual 120mm rad isn't the greatest, but it's much better than a single 80mm or 120mm rad from some overpriced Dangerden kit. Asetek makes pretty good stuff too, but they're considerably more than a Swiftech kit.

Best kit deal is right here: Swiftech H20-22600B

I'm thinking of getting one very soon (HL2 is getting near!), though you do need to get a waterblock. Currently, the best deal is the Swiftech MCW6000, performing with the best of them, but at least $10 less than most other blocks.

I've mulled my options over and over for premade kits, and the newest Swiftech stuff really stands out. The pump kicks ***, the block really kicks *** if you get the MCW6000, and the rest is a pretty damn good deal too. Sure, you can make a watercooling setup for under $100 if you really wanted to, you know, buy a Danner Mag 3, a heatercore and an old block and some Clearflex. But you can get a much better, more complete setup that most likely performs better than a lot of half assed homebrew setups that get hung up on being cheap too much. You're basically paying for convenience and the best value I've seen are the new Swiftech kits, hands down.

The difference between the 8600 kits and the 22600 kits are the radiators. With the 8600 you get two 80mm rads you can mount inside the case, whereas with the 22600 you get a dual 120mm rad that you should probably mount in the top or outside the case. I would imagine that aside from having over double the surface area to dissipate heat with the dual 120mm rad, it would also be less restrictive than having two separate rads.

And contrary to popular belief, it is not beneficial for water to move slower through the radiators.

Anyone know were I could find any of these other models on a English site ?

Can only find corsair hydrocool,waterchill,koolance exos and zalman reserator from everything im looking through.. :(

Thanks!

I have been lurking trying to read more about water cooling. So I was looking at the Kingwin Liquid Cooler that costs $100. I really liked what I was reading about that swiftech cooler that was posted above. So can someone explain why its better to get the more expensive one? I am trying to cool an AMD64 3000+ OC'd to 9x250. I want something cool, quiet, not too difficult to maintain and install. And curious what the original poster ends up getting too.

All the boxy type kits have small radiators with small (frequently noisy) fans, crappy blocks and small diameter tubing hooked up to weak pumps. Also, cramming it all into a box makes it horribly restrictive on top of all that. The Corsair is the best of them, but still no where near as good as the Swiftech kit because it's radiator is less than half the size and the block is pretty crappy. And you're still paying $200 for it. You get the whole Swiftech kit (bleed/fill kit, dual 120mm rad, very good block and pump) for that much. Sure, assembly is required, but the performance is worlds better. The Kingwin is kinda strange. Let me put it this way:

http://www.overclockercafe.com/Reviews/cooling/Kingwin_Arctic_Water_Cooling_Kit/pg4.htm

Sure, it's half the price. But it doesn't even perform nearly as well as a Thermalright aircooled heatsink that's only $50. So it's quieter. But the Thermalright would be just as quiet with a 92mm low RPM fan strapped to it and have equal performance to the Kingwin. So to me, there's no legitimate argument for the Kingwin. It's cheap watercooling, but the primary benefit of watercooling is superior performance. It doesn't have this. All of the $100 watercooling options are pretty much crap. You have three ways to go. Assemble your own system on the cheap (Danner Mag 3, MCW6000 block, heater core, tubing, etc), buy a GOOD kit for $200 (any of the Swiftech kits, the radiator being the main difference), or stick with high end air cooling (ie a Thermalright or a tower heatpipe cooler) and get a front-mount fan speed controller for $60. But whatever you do, stay away from the 'all-in-one' box kits. The Corsair, EXOS, Kingwin, they all pretty much suck no matter the price. You can't get good cooling out of a setup that small.

Adaman said:
Anyone else like that kit? $215 seems like a lot with no GPU included.. Plus It would suck to pay $215 and still have to upgrade later. I've heard that pump (MCP-600) is noisy too, anyone know?

I know!

Attachments

• 1443.jpg
    1443.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 138
Back