• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dually Temps

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mumrah

So i have my two XP-M's here volted at 1.75 (MBM5 says 1.73) running at 133*17 (for the time being)

I have them in series on a VIA Aqua with TC-4 WB's and one of those monster heatercores from the classifieds.

I'm getting load temps of about 8*C and 12*C over ambient (it's Florida, so it's gonna be hot a little while longer).

The idle temps are abour 3* and 7*C over ambient.

Is this as good as i should expect? I understand based on the nature of series flow, the second cpu will be hotter than the first, but ~4-5*C seems like a lot.

Thanks,
David

(pics to come when mom returns camera)

mumrah said:
So i have my two XP-M's here volted at 1.75 (MBM5 says 1.73) running at 133*17 (for the time being)

I have them in series on a VIA Aqua with TC-4 WB's and one of those monster heatercores from the classifieds.

I'm getting load temps of about 8*C and 12*C over ambient (it's Florida, so it's gonna be hot a little while longer).

The idle temps are abour 3* and 7*C over ambient.

Is this as good as i should expect? I understand based on the nature of series flow, the second cpu will be hotter than the first, but ~4-5*C seems like a lot.

Thanks,
David

(pics to come when mom returns camera)
Thats really good. Whats your case temps and room temps. On Duallys, hot water is already heading twards the next cpu, thats why its hotter than the first.

my ambient is 35*C. This room is like a sauna. soon this computer will be moved into a room with better air circulation.

you can always route the hot water from cpu1 to a heatercore then from there to cpu2 then...

pump1-heatercore1-cpu1-heatercore (BIX??)-cpu2- GPU-CHIPset-pump2-reservoir or T-line-pump1

the only investment is another pump and try to look for a use Black Ice fromt he classifieds. Im sure your temps would drop significantly over all.

Back