• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What You Guys Think of P4I845PE

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BaumermaN

Well basicly im looking at this deal and i dont know how to pass it down. I just wanted to get some reviews of people that his the mb.

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicat...s.asp?EdpNo=624723&Sku=S450-4210 B&CatId=1240

Basicly i can make the comp for almost nothing right now because im taking the cpu, hard drive, cd-rom and cd-rw drivers from my sisters old computer since she is getting a laptop for college. The computer also 384mb pc800 rambus in it so i was thinking of selling it on ebay to buy some new ddr. Just help me out here with your comments on the board.

I have this soyo amd barebone but the agp slot was messed on it so i returned it. http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=623823&Sku=S450-4100 B

I have the same soyo board and I am happy with it and it does overclock pretty while I am running a 2.4B @ 3.18.

Did I just get a bad board?

I just purchased this machine too and am having a lot of trouble getting it to run. I have a 2.8 Ghz Pentium 4 w/800 Mhz FSB and 1 MB on-board cache and bought 512 MB of PC3200 Ultra Ram both from TiggerDirect and can not get the thing to boot. I have tried all of the solutions from the Soyo site and still nothing. Is there some special magic that you used to get this thing to work?

Thanks

845 Pe will not support Prescott cpu's

Sounds like your using a prescott P4. The prescotts have 1MB cache. 845PE will not support Prescott processors. You want a Northwood instead.
I have did this deal through Tiger, put in my rebate ASAP but don't see anything on the verify rebate page http://www.verifyrebate.com/
Has anyone gotton their rebate yet?

Soyo Rebate (or not?)

Thanks for the procesor info bnordberg! With Soyo's help (finally) I was able to determine that too. They were a little slow at replying, but they did, so I was happy for that at least.

As for the Rebate. I'm waiting too. I sent an e-mail to them and they replied that I will have to wait 12-14 weeks after the end of the promotion until they will be posting information to the verifyrebate site. But, I am welcome to check back often to see if it is processed earlier.

I also did a little digging on the Internet and it looks like Tiger Direct and they are both a little slow on getting rebates back to people. (Not sure if there is a movement to get a class action action against them yet.)

But, I did recieve e-mail that my Ultra memory rebate is to be sent out soon.

Good luck on everything!

:p This is the best 845 mobo in the market. Build a system like this and you'll get a complete computer that runs everything you need for years to come:

- Processor: P4 3.06GHz 533MHz HT with cooler Cooler Master KHC-V81 Hyper 6.

- Memory: 2x1024GHz 333MHz double face golden plate Kingston

- HDD: 2x250GHz 133 Maxtor on IDE RAID 0 + 1x76GHz WD Raptor SATA + 2x250GHz 100 WD JB series.

- Video Card: ATI Radeon All-in-Wonder X800 pro (the best AGP 4x).

- Power Supply: ANTEC 550W True Control.

- Sound Card: Creative Labs Sound Blaster AUDIGY 2ZS

My son get it and doesn't replace it for nothing.

Back