• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need Help w/ XP burned disk....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I think you'll get in trouble for this. So you should probable look for help about this some else. Probably not appropriate for the forums.

Last edited:
I don't think this is an appropriate topic for ocforums, I would recommend you PM a mod and ask that they delete this post before they come to get you.

I think this would constitute a discussion of warez ... see sections 12, 13 of the forum policies.

Sorry

It is telling you that you might need to go to your local walmart and buy a legit copy of WinXP. Once you do that, go into your bios and select boot from CDROM.

Stick in your WinXP CD you just bought and restart your system. Once that happens you will get a windows installation menu and it is easy enough to go from there.

If you want to save some money, Newegg has a really cheap OEM version for 150. It is the full version and not an upgrade. Just buy something cheap like a IDE cord for your hardware needs.

91GSteggy said:
So i got my last piece to my comp today. Burned a copy of XP pro from suprnova (.cue file) so i go to install it and either 1 of these 3 things happens.

Direct quote from the rules you agreed to abide by when you signed up here:

"12. Discussion of the unauthorized reproduction, distribution, copying, or theft of copyrighted materials is forbidden. This includes, but is not limited to discussion of the use of peer to peer (P2P) applications for the purpose of obtaining copyrighted material. Discussion of P2P programs and networks is not forbidden; but there is to be no connection (stated, implied, or otherwise) to obtaining copyrighted material, or other illegal activities.

13. The management of this Forum does not condone theft, trading in stolen property, or the aiding and abetting of those who do. Any such discussions regarding stolen property will be dealt with swiftly, and the offending member risks complete loss of membership privileges in our Forums."

In the future please refrain from discussions or questions of this nature, we have an abundant amount of legitamate information at your disposal, however this will not be allowed.

Respectfully
SkyHook

While Im sure this isnt needed but you are in violation of among other rules sections 12 and 13. The Mods will kill this post. WE do NOT discuss or condone pirated software nor will we instruct you how to pirate software. These activities are against the law and will not be tolerated here.

Z

On a side note there are many places on the internet where you can buy a legit copy of xp much cheaper than you get them in a store. PM me if you need any help.

Back