• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus Bios Goes Defualt!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dja2k

Hey guys, I have check and changed the battery on my board already, and this keeps happening to me. Every time the light goes out in my house or I totally turn off the backup unit, the board resets to defualts and I get the message, date/time not set, cpu not set right thing. It is no problem if the board stays on stand-by with the green light on. It is only when I disccnnect it from the power, the bios thing happens. I mean its no problem putting back all the values, but it does tend to get annoying after a while. If any of you have had this problem, let me know, or if you know what can be causing it. If you need any more specs of my pc, I will be happy to post them.

Thanks
dja2k

did u change it with a new battery? or still a used one to try it out? if u used a new one, then it could be the mobo itself...

is it overclocked? check memory if it is locked in memory slots and try moving it to the other slots

Thanks for the replies,

The batteries I have checked are brand new and it still does the same thing. As for overclocking, of course, yeah I am overclocked. This problem started a long while back when I was finding out the max FSB to my cpu\ram combination. Ever since then, it has done that, its only annoying when I have to put the bios settings back. It is no problem when I have it connected to the a\c and the board is in standby.

dja2k

Back