• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cpu 20f above enviromental temp

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JONTHEMON

I have a watercooled setup, and my cpu always stays about 20 degrees ferenheight abouve the temperature in my room. Example: it is 85 f in my room right now and my cpu is at 40 c (104 f)

Does this indacate that my watercooling setup sucks, rocks, or is ok????

Oh and my friend said that i need to get rid of a 90 degree plastic adapter coming off my water pump. Is this true?

Any feedback is much appreciated especially since im a noob. (built my first computer 3 months ago)

It sounds decent, the performance of your system isnt anything to be googled at compared to other watercooled systems, but it's doing allright.

And yes, 90 degree adapters cause flow restriction. It puts more strain on your pump and lowers flow rates across your whole system. If you can, eliminate any 90 degree elbows.

those temps seem high, especially if they are not at full load, but we need to consider more things

to start off, many motherboards are inacurate (as are many ways of testing temperature of the cpu). for example, i have 2 motherboards listed in my signature. on the asus, i got temp readings of about 28C - 32C load. on my gigabyte mobo i get readings between 37C and 43C. all of my quoted temps are after reseating my waterblock at least 3 times(5+ on the gigabyte) with a room temp of 69F and using motherboard monitor 5. so the temps you are seeing might not be the true temps.

it would help if you listed your motherboard, processor, and all the components in your watercooling system. that will give us an idea of what we are dealing with.

also, your load temps would give a better idea of the temp. to get your computer running full steam, id use prime 95 in torture test mode.

there is also the possability that your watercooling system is sub-par. there are some (many?) watercooling kits that wont perform very well, but can do quite nicely with some improvements here and there.

a 90 degree fitting does hurt the flow, so getting rid of it would probably be an improvement.

Ya they may be a bit high but all boards read different. Although I think thats a bit high, I am about 10C idle and around 12-13@full load folding. And this is usally with 35-40C case temps and room temps from about 82F at night to around 90F during the day. Also how much voltage are you pushing. B/C watter can get good temps but compared to air their not that far off, but you are able to O/C more B/C of the extra voltage at your use.

how vengance? your temps cant be lower than your room temp unless you cool your water.

JONTHEMON said:
I have a watercooled setup, and my cpu always stays about 20 degrees ferenheight abouve the temperature in my room. Example: it is 85 f in my room right now and my cpu is at 40 c (104 f)

Does this indacate that my watercooling setup sucks, rocks, or is ok????
That is only a differential of 6.6c from room ambient to cpu temp ( idle, I assume) which seems pretty good to me.

haha, good point i forgot to look at it converted :bang head

yeah thats a good temp, but full load would be nicer to judge

those arent bad temps considering your rooms seems to be like an oven 85F!!!

try to check it at full load and if they are not too far off then you have a decent cooling system

my WC keeps my comp at about 40C too but at full load and considering that I have my cpu highly OC'ed but my room is usually much colder than 85F ... i like to keep my appartment at around 75F or less

you must also consider which CPU you have and at what clock

Back