• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help with uninstall

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

J2T

OK, I am not sure if this is the right forum or not as I am not exactly sure who is the culprit. I installed the latest Omega's and got a screen that is all fuzzy whenever I start BF1942. The last time this happened I just uninstalled and reinstalled BF1942 and things were fine. Now when I go to uninstall it (or BF:Vietnam, these are the only games currently installed) Spybot detects and terminates a process it says is part of malicious software and the uninstall stops right there. The file is always "set*.tmp", where the * is always a various letter or number. It says it is part of "FunWebProducts", but I have updated and run both Ad-Aware and Spybot but neither program finds anything. I have not installed anything to my knowledge containing the FunWebProducts adware. Can anyone help?

Perhaps Spybot is mistaken? Can you disable it while you do the uninstall?

I tried that...the uninstall just dissapears after the initial screen. I'm not sure what to do since I can't uninstall or reinstall BF1942 with this.

Awesome, thanks for the link. I will give that a go when I get home from work.

Back