• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is there a 9X emulator for 2k?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Alice

I wnat to play some older games on my windoze system, and don't have win9x. What can I do? Shouldn't there be an emulator? Or perhaps the compatability mode in XP can be used in 2k somehow? Thanks in advance.

There is the apcompat.exe that is in the 2kdisk in the support folder. It sometimes works with some programs.

There's a Compatibility Mode update available from the Windows Update site, which adds not only the Compatibility tab to *.exe's...but also program shortcuts. Although Compatibility Mode isn't exposed by default in W2K, the interface can still be enabled by using the following method (assuming at least SP2 is installed). This will only work on program shortcuts and not *.exe's...

Click Start | Run | Type the following command, and then click OK, where %SystemRoot% is the drive and folder in which Windows is installed (normally C:\Winnt):

regsvr32 %systemroot%\apppatch\slayerui.dll

To disable Compatibility Mode, follow the same instructions as above except type the following in the Run box...

regsvr32 /u %systemroot%\apppatch\slayerui.dll

...You'll need to be logged on as Administrator in order to enable or disable Compatibility Mode.

Thank you so much. I'm going to try and play Interstate '76, right now!

Back