• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HD problems w/ P4S800D (non E DeLuxe)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

steimm

Registered
Hi there!

Got myself a P4S800D (Sis 655FX) and having some real problems when getting over 230MHz FSB with my 2.8GHz Prescott.

The HD's start acting really strange: CRC-errors on ZIP/RAR-files, impossible to install programs - getting strange error messages like "not enough virtual mem..." etc. If I lower the FSB then it is possible to install and run the program afterwards with a higher FSB. Is really the PCI/AGP-divider locked on 33/66 MHz?
I have both SATA and IDE drives and it is the same problems with all of them when I overclock over 230MHz.

Does this board s**k or? I can get into Windows @ 250MHz but it is not so stable. The highest stable running benches w/ 3DM2001SE is 239MHz and highest w/ Aquamark3 is 233MHz.

btw, I get a little disappointed at the prescott (I know it aint as good as the northwood, but I got it really cheap), I get the same result as I got with Abit NF7-S v2.0 and a Barton 2500+ @ 11*218MHz in 3DM2001SE. The rest inside the Vapochill is the same:

9500Pro
A-data PC4000
Enermax 550W
WinXP Pro SP1 (fresh install)

Anyone have a clue why the HD's behaves like this?

/steimm

Back