• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Looking for antivirus software

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

[AK]Zip

Regardless of cost. I want the best. What do you guys recommend, what do you ues, what do you like?

-Alex-

I use Norton Antivirus and havent had any problems. I think there is one called AVG? Which is free.

AVG is great and free, but from what I have heard and used Nortron is still the best - the Corperate or Professional (whatever they'r called) versions are even better than the regular.

I prefer Norton, its never let me down, although it can be a bit pricey. I usually look for OEM's or upgrades. Systemsworks 2k3 OEM can be found for $20 online. What kind of computer is this? What purpose does it serve? Who has access to it? You might not need 'the best' antivirus if you just surf and play games. Especially if you rarely get a virus or trojan. (like me)

As for a free antivirus, I tried AVG, and was sorta dissapointed. Looked cheesy and found a trojan, but would never get rid of it. I finally switched to Avast Antivirus, and it's been good so far.

ivee been living off the norton and mcaffe trials for years...one every other month.

This is for a home computer but its for my server which stores a lot of important info but it still needs to be connected to the internet to function for what I need it. Once again. Price doesn't matter. I just need the best.

I used Norton for about 3 years and never had a problem until recently when I got a really nasty virus. Since then I have used the free version of AVG and I love it. Also, Norton always seemed to want to take over my computer. Boot up time was always super slow because of Norton. I am just not a Norton fan anymore.

Place my vote for Avast. I surf alot of 'fringe' sites and it's never let me down or let anything in - browser or email (and it's comfy with progs other than outlook :thup: )

DWolf:cool:

I have used them all and still use the following:

Bit defender pro
avg
pccillian
and currently on my system is Panda antivisrus platinum or titanium
great products

Back