• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

IC7 MaxII No Power

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AndrusLRoc

I just built a rig based on an IC7 MaxII for a friend in a coolermaster wave master case and the green led is on on the motherboard but when I press the switch nothing happens. No fan action, or nothing. I'm kinda stumped. I've checked all my wiring and everything. Maybe the switch is bad, or maybe a dead motherboard. Is there anyway I can check the motherboard or the switch or is it possibly something else that I'm missing. Thanks!!

-Andy

use metal item to touch power pins on mobo where the switch is connected

I just had a very similar thing happen to me with a new Gigabyte board of my nephews, althought I did get just a twitch from the fans (all of them) and the ram LED light comes on when I hit the power, but that was all. I "tested" (connected two wires) the generic psu unit that came with his case and it seemed to work (it hesitated, then spun a test fan). I later went back and swapped out the psu for a new Antec I had and the board fired right up.

Double check your power supply, it least that was my problem.

Back