• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which Is A Better Configuration? HELP PLS!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jojo1971

I finally have all the components needed for my watercooling setup...I just need to know which configuration is better so I dont have to do alot of experimentation...

Here are my Components:
1.)AquaXtreme 50Z-DC12 Mag Drive Inline Pump with 1/2" Barbed Fittings
2.)Swiftech MCW6002-P CPU Water Block for Intel P4 478
3.)Swiftech MCW50 GPU Water Block
4.)Black Ice Micro 80mm PC Radiator with 1/2" Barbed Fittings - 2 PCS.
5.)"TEE" connector for Filling/Bleeding; 1/2" ID Vinyl HOSE; WormScrew
Clamps

**I have 2 pcs of 80mm radiators which would fit perfectly in my LIAN-LI PC65B CASE. I would like to stay away from using the radiator in "PARALLEL" because I dont like using the "Y" connector...I'll be running them in SERIES..

Configuration # 1:
PUMP-->RADIATOR #1-->CPU BLOCK--> RADIATOR #2-->GPU BLOCK

Configuration # 2:
PUMP-->RADIATOR #1-->RADIATOR #2-->CPU BLOCK -->GPU BLOCK

So which configuration is better? Any ideas from our experts here?

this all depends if you wanna cool both your cpu and gpu equally or do you want to cool your cpu more than your gpu

Just do what ever has less tubbing and bends in it. This will reduce resistance and increase flow giving you a knowticeable difference in performance. The order of the parts will not give you a knowticeable difference in performance.

lilneel12 said:
this all depends if you wanna cool both your cpu and gpu equally or do you want to cool your cpu more than your gpu

ill be overclocking my X800XT as well as my CPU..

In theory it sounds like it would work, but in the end you're better off trying both setups.

then u should just try to put one radiator first then the cpu block, then the next rad. and the gpu block. But i don't know if your temps will be that much better than just putting the radiators one after the other. i say you should try both setups if you have the time and tubing to spare.

Do a search for Cathar's posts. This has been debated over and over and over and over and... Having a radiator before a block will make a difference, but the difference is generally .2c max. Generally, you will gain a larger drop in temps by (as was noted earlier) using the least amount of tubing possible in order to keep your head loss down and your flowrate up. If it so happens that the shortest tubing layout favors putting each rad before each waterblock, then it's just icing on the cake.

Pump > cpu > gfx > rad1 > rad2> res/pump inlet

done.

Series is best for rads, so thats a good choice.

It really doesnt matter the order of ANY of the parts; the temp of the water over the whole loop wont change much. Just make the tubing as short as you can whilst remaining managable and not having kinks.

now i learned an important pointer: use the least amount of tubing..thx guys..now im gonna transact on having this x800xt modded by viperjohn..:)

Back