• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A question regarding autoupdate for windows 2000.....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BewareTheDrow

Registered
Hey everybody! I'm very new here, so I appreciate the acceptance of my newbishness. I recently built a new computer, having some fun with it, as well as some problems. (but those are in the cooling questions part of the forum, help out there if you'd like) However, my software problem is thusly: I currently don't have a modem in my new computer, its a long story but I chose not to go with one because I'll be on a network at college for most of the time, etc. etc. its unneccessary. However, I just installed windows 2000 on it, and I need to update it. (its still service pack 1, of 4) I have windows 2000 installed on my old computer as well, and it is completely up to date as of right now. Is there any way for me to burn the already downloaded updates onto a CD and transfer them? I've looked around in the windows directory but nothing jumps out at me. I'd appreciate any advice, thanks.

Regards,

Dennis

sp4 has everything up untill sp4 was released. install sp4 then whatever updates are still on windows update. Even better would be to slipstream sp4 into win2k for your next install. As for getting the updates to your new comp, when you go to windows update, click on customise windows update on the side panel, then you can choose to download the updates to a folder and not install them.

Back