• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Water Wetter, Antifreeze, Distilled Water Quanties

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

josh files

Registered
What Quanties should I use these in (Water Cooling System Is a Zalman Reserator 1.) was think of this

Water Wetter 1%
Antifreeze 15%
Distilled Water 84%

It ok?

i dont think antifreeze is such a good idea ... it is too viscous and will slow your flow rate

in your car this doesnt matter cause the pump is driven by an engine but to a small electric pump this is more of a strain

the reason why antifreeze is used in cars is to prevent corrosion, raise boiling point and lower freezing point. A water cooling rig doesnt need the last 2 and the first can be accomplished by using distilled water

in my opinion pure distilled water is the best thing, water wetter might work but i have been running my rig with just distilled water for a year changing the water every 3 month or so and i havent noticed any corrosion.. infact i took the water block off 2 weeks ago and opened it and no corrosion at all

ethanol is good cause it has higher heat capacity than water but isopropanol is a bad idea. isopropanol is too volatile, ethanol is volatile too but not as much.

Honestly, the choice you have made is absolutely fine. 20% glycol based antifreeze to 80% distilled water is fine.

Back