• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best Small Pump For A WW Block

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
of the "popular" pumps

Laing D4 (MCP650, DD D4, Voyeurmods D4, all the same)
MCP600
CSP750
Via1300

on a side note, dicecca112, I think this is the 6th question of yours I've answered. you have 6 stars. you've gotta start searching, man.

your laziness is shameful

It really depends on what other components will be used in the rest of the loop... That said, the Laing D4 (Dangerden's 12v pump) is the pump with the best head and flowrate for its size, but it does have a bit of a whine if you're running an ultra-stealth setup. If you don't need that much flow-to-head or don't want to spend $80US, I'd recommend the MCP600 or the Mag3.

Styyn said:
It really depends on what other components will be used in the rest of the loop... That said, the Laing D4 (Dangerden's 12v pump) is the pump with the best head and flowrate for its size, but it does have a bit of a whine if you're running an ultra-stealth setup. If you don't need that much flow-to-head or don't want to spend $80US, I'd recommend the MCP600 or the Mag3.

1. does not depend on other components, he asked for BEST PUMP, I answered in a raking of the "popular" pumps.
2. DD D4/swifty MCP650 are the same pump, and a muffled revision has been released.
3. <$70 US at voyeurmods.com

The WW was designed with an eheim 1048 pump in mind performance wise.
1.6m head, 600lph flow. This is just cpu, rad, pump loop; more pressure is needed to remain 'acceptable' if there are further restrictions.

All greenmans choices are good.

Etacovda said:
The WW was designed with an eheim 1048 pump in mind performance wise.
1.6m head, 600lph flow. This is just cpu, rad, pump loop; more pressure is needed to remain 'acceptable' if there are further restrictions.

All greenmans choices are good.
Umm, I believe the WW was designed with the 1048 in mind as the weakest pump one should use with it.

I'm sorry but when you work two jobs, I'm kinda tired when I get home, and don't have much time to search. I'm still a newb at this, so I rely on you guys for help.

Ridenow said:
Looks like a personal attack to me and not the first transgression.

I agree. I love when posts like this are the only emails I get when I check my oc.forum email. :rolleyes:

greenman100 said:
nice, you don't have time so you ask us to make time for you

how unselfish

What is your problem? That's what this place is for!!! To ask questions and get answers.

One of the original prerequisites of being a Senior Member is to answer questions like these, over and over, no matter how many times, patiently and with sincerity.

With this attitude, you'll not only never have a snowball's chance in hell of ever being a Senior member, you'll be hard pressed to retain the rank of registered member.

How about I chase you around the forums for a while and pick apart every one of your posts?

Chill out. :mad:

Xymurgy, to get this thread back on track, I had a L30, it leaked ridiculously and was frankly too big to fit in my case, not to mention doesn't fit my tubing. I would like to not use a hydor, I tried the L20, and didn't like it. Seeing as this is only cooling for the CPU, I was thinking maybe dual Csp750s. I like there size. would that work well with the WW?

I'd say any pump that can give you 1-2 gallon/minute at around 5ft head would suit you well. I haven't seen much about the CSP750, but the quick research I made, it appears to be a wimpy pump (albeit very small and, piggybackable). I'd say that two CSP750's in series would be a LOT of flow, probably far past the point of dimished returns (but would allow you to WC other parts of your system later on without having to worry about flow).

I've been hearing great things about the Swiftech MCP600's and 650's. I haven't really been in the market for a pump in a while, so I'm not too keen on the latest hardware. Since you've had bad experiences with the L30, I wouldn't know what else to recommend (for a small pump - I thought the L30 was small. . .. . ).

With all respect, greenman answers more questions correctly around here than half the community put together. His statement was perfectly just, in my opinion. Banning him will only make him not come back; just because a member has more stars, it doesn't give him ANY more right to come in here and demand answers. How often do you members come in here and answer questions?
Perhaps he was a little harsh, but ANYONE willing to answer questions to newbies properly like greenman does needs to be kept by this community, because frankly the knowledge base here leaves somewhat to be desired at times...

WRT the whitewater; yes, the 1048 is the lowest performance pump recommended, hence why i said to stay above it and if you're adding further restrictions, take another step up.

Ridenow said:
Looks like a personal attack to me and not the first transgression.

I could PM you a couple of others that continuously do the same thing. It's sad really, how people are so negative in their posts.

Back