• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P4C800 vs Max3 *pressHOT and mosfets

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jimbob7

Hey, im thinking of buying a 3.2E D0 and id like to know which board is going to handle the prescott better, by this i mean, being able to take the strain of the heat and bashing the mosfets are going to get. I plan on sinking up whichever board i get. I will be using a 900u h/s and getting a new one for the nb not sure which yet.

I dont want to know about how well they overclock lol.

Thanks in advance

Scott.

Last edited:
I just picked up a second P4C v2.00 and noticed it had different caps and 3 more mosfets than my earlier P4c which was a v2.00 as well. Max3 and IC7's are good for presshots from what I've read, just remember that 2.8 vdimm is the most you'll get. I always recommend Asus because of a bad experience I had with a Max3. However, either will serve your needs.

I would like to try an asus i currently have a AI7. If i was to get a p4c800 taking into account it would be a presscott in the board, would you recommend a E or non E i heard the E hes new/different mosfets.

If you have the money, get the E. If you don't, the non-E should work just as fine. I'm not sure if they've made any cap or mosfet changes on the non-E.

Back