• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Kvr pc3200 512 questions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

fireburster

I bought a gig of kvr pc3200 cas3. It has kingston ics on it. I cant any more then 210 sc with 7 3 3 3 2.65v or dc 207 8 4 4 3 2.7v.

If i give it more then 2.7v even at stock it errors. It seems to hate voltage. Doesnt matter on the timmings as much as i can see.

What else should i try? Setup for this machine is an7, 2500m, antec true 380.

I have some older 256 d43 that im testing that will do 225 in sc with 7 4 4 2.5 2.65v. It doesnt seem to like voltage either.

What should i try for timings and such? I just have been running 200fsb with timings and writing down if it passes then change something, run memtest again. Ive been running memtest for about a week on this pc trying things.

they are most likely some decent chips, but not good overclockers like the d43/or -5bc that can be found on kvr.. also u might want to try some 2.5 cas latencies. seems like ur amd chipset works better in that arena.. but i wouldnt expect great oc's based on ur previous testing results...

Yeah the kvr fails at any 2.5 it seems. My d43 only likes 2.5. Weird. I guess im just glad they do 200 it seems.

Back