• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Hate to do it but need to get crackinn..

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Senater_Cache

Hey guys, I have been hanging around the cooling section lately and have lost track of what is going on in memory right now..

I am about to need my system running for school (and I dont want to quickly waste $90 on garbage chips)

So, I hate to do it, but I gotta get cracking asap, so I must ask..

Whats the best deal on nice OCing memory right now?
I am hearing about Buffalos with Micron 46v32m8 -5b c chips, and such.

I am looking for 512 modules, my budget is around $120....I will do massive research the next two weeks, and need a direction into which to look in terms of mem.
Whats the hot stuff right now in the budget-120 range?
Thanks

SenC.

Hit up Best Buy/Circuit City and check the ICs on the Kingston ValueRAM for the Micron -5B c or Hynix bt-d43 (good for really high fsb with loose timings) chips.

ch-5....has tighter timings... need the volts tho...

i recommend personally the 3700 OCZ EB platinum.

the enhanced bandwith really does help alot, makes it perform like 2-2-3-6 when it's really 2.5-2-3-6.

plus it overclocks like a mad machine. i have the 3500 and im sittin pretty at 230 at 2.9v in bios the 3700 is much higher

If you go with the EB I would get the 3500EB for the cost it doesn't OC that much less than the 3700 and your nf-7 would have a hard time maxing out the 3500 anyways i think. But do NOT get sticks with hynix bt-d43 as they run like ......well badly on AMD XP boards other than maybe the DFI

Back