• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Water Setup

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MrMojo

Howdy ya'll, im building a water cooling system at the moment and want input on the parts ive decided on before i actually buy im...

Cpu Waterblock: Danger Den RBX
Chipset Waterblock: Danger Den MAZE4
GPU Waterblock: Danger Den MAZE4 GPU
Water Pump: Eheim 1250 Water Pump
Radiator: 2 x D-TEK Pro-120 Hi Performance Radiator
Reservoir: Typhoon-Quad Reservoir
Tubing: Tygon Tubing

All fittings and tubing are 1/2"

:attn: :attn: :attn:

all quality proven components

but for that many of them you need more pump pressure, i think the dieng D4 (or whatever, it's dangerden's 12v pump) has proven itself to be the best recently

can get clearflex instead, a lot lot cheaper from mcmaster. I'm sure someone here has the part number. It's like $.69 a foot or something. I don't think theres too much difference between the two.

The clearflex60 from mcmaster is part number 5231k237. It's described as chemical pvc tubing. That part number is for 1/2" ID 3/4" OD 1/8" walls. That is what your looking for right?

As mentioned above, you can pick clearflex instead to save on money. You also don't really need that huge resevoir do you? If you can somehow manage a T-line instead that would save you space and money.

Also, are you looking to overclock pretty high? If so, you might get better performance out of your watercooling setup if you switch to a pump with higher head(since you'll have three waterblocks in the loop). A D4, especially seeing the new ones are nearly silent, is a good choice; as is a MCP600 which is known for its high head output. The price of these two pumps aren't that much more than the Enheim 1250 neither. :)

jlin453 said:
As mentioned above, you can pick clearflex instead to save on money. You also don't really need that huge resevoir do you? If you can somehow manage a T-line instead that would save you space and money.

Also, are you looking to overclock pretty high? If so, you might get better performance out of your watercooling setup if you switch to a pump with higher head(since you'll have three waterblocks in the loop). A D4, especially seeing the new ones are nearly silent, is a good choice; as is a MCP600 which is known for its high head output. The price of these two pumps aren't that much more than the Enheim 1250 neither. :)

nah dont really need that bigger reservoir but it looked cool so i was gonna get it lol, and as for the pump i dont get wat ya'll meen by the pump with a higer head bit i was just assuming bigger pump better effiency but yeah if someone could explain how it works that'd be nice :attn:

Back