• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Air pockets in tubing..

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Siphilon

See circled areas in picture below. My setup was working fine up until about 2 weeks ago when this started happening...it's like a pocket of air develops in the tubing. I removed the pockets of air once already but they reform after 12-24 hrs...what might be causing this?

Thank you.

_Siph

bubs.jpg

Do you use a res?

Leaky res (or partially filled).
Trapped pockets in the Rad.
Small leaks around your barbs.
Accidently used carbonated water instead of distilled. :)

Guderian said:
Accidently used carbonated water instead of distilled. :)
LOL.

Silicone tubing is very slightly porous, so in a closed loop, you will get a little bit of fluid loss. The amount you have lost seems too much for that though, I would check all the joints.

The pump intake is a nasty spot for a crack or bad joint. It will let air in, but not cause a water leak; fun to find.

Air can also get stuck in your rads also and slowly escape. My system has been up and running for about a month now and today i moved my case alittle and a pocket of air came out of my rad that has been there from the start...just an idea. I would double check all of your clamps to make sure they are tight but not too tight as they can cut into your hoses and cause leaks.

Back