• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Moving Norton Anti-Virus from one computer to another

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jamespetts

I am in the process of refurbishing a home network with four computers. One computer has Windows98 that will be upgraded to Windows 2000, using the Windows 2000 upgrade from another computer that now runs Windows 2000 but will, when all this is complete, run Linux.

On the computer that runs Windows98 (I can't do a straight upgrade, since I want to install Windows 2000 on a different hard drive than that on which Windows98 is located), there is a copy of Norton Anti-Virus 2003, which I want to use on a third computer that runs Windows XP Pro. On the computer that now runs Windows 2000, there is a copy of Norton Anti-Virus 2001 that I want to use on the computer that now runs Windows 98 but will run Windows 2000.

How do I move copies of Norton Anti-Virus between machines without losing the already existing LiveUpdate registration? Zone Alarm Pro has licence keys that I can note down, but NAV doesn't seem to have anything like that.

Also, to make matters more complicated, the computer running Windows98 and NAV 2003 does not have a NAV CD: it was bought via an internet download. I think that I still have the original download file, but I'm not sure. There is another copy of NAV 2003 (with a CD) that's used with another computer that runs Windows XP Home. Does any of this make a difference?

Thank you in advance for any help :)

Back