• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A64 ram

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

KeepItCool101

I'm getting
EPoX "EP-8KDA3J"
AMD 64 3200+ 512k cache
and im still unsure about what ram to get. What is good ram to run with a A64 system?? I want to keep everything at stock so i need good ram @ stock speeds. Right now im thinking of getting 2 512 sticks of Corsair XMS PC-3200C2PT. Please help me i would rather the price be under 250 overall.

If you are running everything at stock and not planning to overclock at all, I would recommend just about any memory (Corsair, Crucial, Mushkin, OCZ, KVR...) which runs 2-3-3, 2-3-2, or 2-2-2 at PC3200 speeds.

Below is some memory which has been doing well in A64 setups.

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=20-145-449&depa=1

http://www.tblmemory.com/shop/view_...MC&PHPSESSID=3dca6a217a9cd5be19aaf4f110c23b1b

Any of this memory should work great at stock settings. But like I said, find some PC3200 with decent low latency timings and you'll be fine.

The latter is simply "Platinum," which means they have different heatspreaders. This wouldn't really make a difference performance-wise, especially at stock, but simply cost more. According to Corsair's spec sheets, the two are the same on the inside.

Note that either one of those corsair modules support 2.5-3-3-6 on AMD platforms. With a tad bit more voltage though, you might be able to get 2-3-2-6.

Odie :)

Thanks for the help :)

EDIT: Since its a dual channel pack will it work with a 754??

Last edited:
EDIT Whoops read it wrong D: but still will the pack work in my A64 system it doesnt support dual channel??

It will work. The ram doesn't have to be in a dual channel board to run. It's just capable of being used and run as dual channel ram. So it will work wherever you can use PC3200.

oh ok, they made it sound like you could ONLY use it for dual channel use, guess not. Thanks for your help all

Back