• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Where's the best Ch-5/6.....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jess1313

well i know that Bh-5/6 is better that Ch-5/6, but with the discontinuing of Bh-5/6, and mT -5b c microns(well i heard that they just revised them, and that they dont overclock as good, i think the reduced the NM of the cores, im not for sure). im just looking ahead for futur opions.

i have heard of some getting the infamous 2-2-2-x timings out of the *newer* ch-5/6 ram, and i have heard of some getting good speeds out of it aswell. so under what heat speaders is the best Ch-5/6 ram? and what sortof results are you guys getting

thanks

I saw someone on XS with a 2-2-2 @ 250 with CH-5 but he needed 3.3 on the vdimm.

The only sticks I know for sure have CH-5 is Kinston pc3200 HyperX with an "A" in it.

Tested stable last night for 50 full loops of memtest 2-2-2-5 with cheap Twinmos CH-5 2x512 sticks.
3.25vdimm
2.4c @ 250fsb 5:4
400ddr

Corsair I have will do 2-2-2-5 F1 at 425ddr, with 3.25v.

Bottom line is, if you want these to do all the 2's then you must pump them with vdimm.

AMD users appear to have better results than intel users.

Thecalmingapple said:
I would like to know the same, because ive never seen Ch-5/6 do anything better than 2-3-2?

yeah until resently all ch5/6 would do was 2-3-2, but to the suprise of many some of the newest baches are doing 2-2-2-x.

thanks for the replies

probably mushkin level one, or maybe some ocz with those chips(dont know which) newegg has some buffalo ch5 pc3700 for 99.00 (rated at cas 2.5) they are out of stock but should get some more..

Back