• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Conference Calling Software Help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Omega Destroyer

Does anyone know of any good software that I can use to make conference calls?
I require the following things:

1) You have to be able to talk to more than one person (using a server or otherwise). Most software I've seen lacks this critical feature. I need to talk to at least 3 people at once

2) Sound quality has to be good, with little to no lag.

The following things are optional but would be nice to have:

1) Video (although I understand the bandwidth limitations of talking to multiple people with video).
2) Free
3) Highly configurable
4) Stable (this should probably be a requirement but I'm too desperate).

Here at Fox Sports Net, we use a Consortium program called "Conference Client 4.5" and "Conference Server 4.5" to allow about 50 SEPERATE conference calls at once - with 5-8 parties each. We also have a few set up with 85 parties for important NBA, MLB, NHL, and college sports "meetings".

You call a common number ("800" number out of area - a "local" number locally), and enter the appropriate "Pass Code" to start the call (one "lead" passcode, and as many "party" passcodes as you need for each conference). Works well for our applications - but I don't really get "into" the nuts and bolts - we just use it everyday. A different department handles setting up and up-keep of this system.

Hope this helped? :cool:

Suggesstion

Here at Fox Sports Net, we use a Consortium program called "Conference Client 4.5" and "Conference Server 4.5" to allow about 50 SEPERATE conference calls at once - with 5-8 parties each. We also have a few set up with 85 parties for important NBA, MLB, NHL, and college sports "meetings".

You call a common number ("800" number out of area - a "local" number locally), and enter the appropriate "Pass Code" to start the call (one "lead" passcode, and as many "party" passcodes as you need for each conference). Works well for our applications - but I don't really get "into" the nuts and bolts - we just use it everyday. A different department handles setting up and up-keep of this system.

Hope this helped? :cool:

R-HUB web conferencing server perfectly fits your requirement. It provides free HD VOIP Audio Conferencing.

R-HUB web conferencing server perfectly fits your requirement. It provides free HD VOIP Audio Conferencing.

Good to know! It's hard to believe it took 11 years for someone to register and promote some software to help the OP!

:clap:

There was a time recently when Skype conferencing was not free, you had to pay for 3 or more people to use Skype so I found this freeware for connecting more than 2 people at the same time: http://www.oovoo.com/

Back