• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Good RAM for my Machine?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

josh files

Registered
Whats some good RAM for my Computer (In Sig). I might overclock it, but I wont be overclocking the CPU, Might overclock the video-card though, but thats not relevant. Need around 1 gig, Must do 2-2-2-5. Needs to be common, would get TwinX1024-3200XLPRO, But its not available in New-Zealand

Well Mushkin's new lvl 2 and OCZ pc3200 platinum rev 2 are both using the same chips as those corsairs your looking at. So if you can find either of those I would get them over the corsairs. Other than that there is OCZ EB ram which at 2.5-2-2- timings is as fast or faster than 2-2-2- :D

So the choice comes down to what you can find and how much money you want to spend

umm, well im using 1gb of OCZ EL Platinum Performance pc3200 with timings of 2-3-2-6 running dual channel. Running single channel its 2-3-2-5. Those timings are not bad at all and im quite happey with this ram. You should look into it.

Back