• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Starting the server case watercooled (56 kb aware)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Overbrazil

I friends, i was searching for a case to fit all my dual loop system... then i found an AT IBM Power server case in a computer junkyard. i was a bit afraid of adapting the rear panel with my motherboard, but when i opened it i found a lot of space, panaflos fans(total of six, including aluminium ones), then i bought for 30.00 dollars.
Now, I am using two cases to fit my system :D , but i am starting to mod this case.
This is the new case :
gabser.jpg

P1010044.JPG

side3.JPG

trasmod.JPG

I am planning to use one side for the pumps, rads ad reservoir...
ideas ?

That's very sexy for a mod project. Looks like you have a LOT of room between the board and the front of the case. Why not grow a fern in there or something? That would be hardcore. :attn:

Kidding about the fern. That is a LOT of good clean space though. I'd be at a loss of what to do with it.

Hey..i'm the new guy. Overbrazil...thats a nice case. Nice find...btw where do you find computer junkyards? I've looked for places like that. I've never been able to find them.

hazmat said:
Hey..i'm the new guy. Overbrazil...thats a nice case. Nice find...btw where do you find computer junkyards? I've looked for places like that. I've never been able to find them.

In Brazil, you can find a lot of junk. Their trash/recycling system is a bit lacking. I love the country though. :) That case rocks, never seen anything like it.

thanks to all :D ,
the case is masde out of light brass.it came with 2 120x120 al panaflo fans, 2 92x92 panaflo low speed, and 2 80 Canon fans to internal ventilation. Well it has a noise dumpening , but not is perfect. the motherboard doesnt fit. the pci bracket is for EERC cards
P1010036.JPG

P7180039.JPG

but i have an old atx case to cut the rear panal and attach it:
Painatx.jpg

here, show the back covered:
back.JPG

Ri0 said:
In Brazil, you can find a lot of junk. Their trash/recycling system is a bit lacking. I love the country though. :) That case rocks, never seen anything like it.
thanks Rio, but is not a recycling problem. Let me try to explain, but sorry my english.
This yard company buy a lot of material that another big company sell when it is run off money, so they can sell for a low price. Sometimes i buy 486, pentiums and monitors that i give to people cant buy one, and dont have the possibility to play with. Maybe one of those can be a computer engeneer :santa:

Senater_Cache said:
damn that is nice and old school.
Great case, should work out beautifully.
What is going to be in it?? WC parts in perticular..
yes, i had a lot of stuff to fit. Now i am using a dual loop watercooled system, so i had to use two cases, one only for the wc stuff :
casefront.JPG

case1.JPG

dual1.JPG

dual.jpg

Back