• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

heatercore vs double heatercore

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

PYROMANIAC

Have any of you gone from a single heatercore, or a single fan rad, to a double heatercore? i'm looking to do this and was wondering if i would have a significant performance boost, right now i have a blackice extreme running along with a maze2, eheim 1250 and the old cylindrical danger den res. as of now i do not have a gpu block but i am pondering getting one in the near future, so should i hold off until i purchase a gpu block or will the temp gains be enough until then?

edit: i'm using 1/2id 3/4od tygon r-3603 tubing as well

Well, you'd be serverd well to get a better block too... I mean the Maze 2 is not a great performer. I went from one Dtek rad to 2, saw about a 4-5C improvement, so yes, more rad is usually better. If you went to say a white water or a 6002 or an RBX you would see about a 5-7C drop right there with just the block. A bigger rad and a new block gives you the potential of around a 10C drop or so.

I went from a Dtek TC-4 and a single chevette heatercore(push/pull setup) to a DD RBX and a fedco 2-342(with two fans on one side pulling) and my temperatures dropped about 6C. I can't guarantee you you'd get the exact same number difference of course but a bigger heatercore like the 2-342 and a better waterblock(compared to your maze 2) will definitely lower your temp. I'm definitely glad I switched, even if the TC-4/Chevette combo still isn't a bad combo.

Back