• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Doom 3 and ram, do i have enough?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

fartem

I have 512 crosair value ram and woundering if i should buy another 512 or a gig?

If a gig where can i get it for a super cheap price? I have like $138 to spend and dont wanna spend it all. I have like 1 slot left on my machine. Please help guys

I think another 512mb will be enough, though with your corsair value ram, IDK what you should use exactly :|

id feel more comfortable with a gig. go to best buy and buy a 512 of the pc3200 kingston valueram when its on sale with a rebate u can get it for as little as 80.00 bux. also check the kingmax section of newegg. they have some good deals there, along with refurbs..

should i get another 3200 or go lower? my crosair is 3200

where hell do you find this stuff cheap? lol

i need links

oh its a 200mhz not 400 but was woundering if the 2700 would slow it down at all.

Last edited:
hey guys i just bought some Kingston ram 512 3200 for $67 , so i think im set untill i get a new processor and pci mobo

Another 512MB bringing you up to 1Gig should be fine :)

Best to stick with PC3200 RAM again for the second stick. If you used PC2700 (slower) then ALL your RAM (both thePC3200 and PC2700 sticks) would run at the lower PC2700 speeds.

Back