• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

another suggest my wc list thread

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

trip0d

well with work and school and the lack of sleep of to many fans running..iv decided again to go watercooling (last yr about the same time i had my list of parts ready to go but didnt have $$)

but now i have $$ so that shouldnt be bad..but the only downfall is time. school is right around the corner 1 month actually and working 40 hrs is tough to find spare time. (all this babble will come in use later)

im just going to be going for reliablity and quietness..im not going to be OCing the rig. so basiclly cpu (possibly gpu but seems kind of a waste but meh)
so my list:

al 1/2" whitewater: http://www.dtekcustoms.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=108

standard rad: http://www.dtekcustoms.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=91

shroud from dtek as well

pump: going to go for the L35

res: probably bay rez or make my own out of pvc depending on time. or i might go T-line (gotta read more on how to do it first)

clamps, 1/2" tygon

my main concern will be quietness. im buying a rad from dtek/other store because i dont have skill or the time to fit the barbs (unless someone in the detroit area wants to help me :) ) so im going to have to buy it.

i havent decided if its worth cooling gpu also..it has a small fan on it but really havent heard the noise due to the other fans blasting it away.

as i read more after work ill be posting again :D but as now iv been out of the wc loop for sometime (back in the day when the L30 was the pump of choice)

i am the first person with an L35 and mine is nearly silent so i have actual hands on experiance. but it requires that you treat it correctly. a lot of people will offer opinions that have never tried the product so i would ignore them personaly because thier evidence is hearsay.

but if you wanna be safe and have the money and dont want to use a relay , try a Laing D4

Im using a Eheim 1250 pump, its in an external box setup, and sitting on some foam, but other then that, its quite, I dont hear it at all.

Back