• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Memory Help: Currently have a 512mb Corsair 3500 XMS

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Baptizer

Hello All:
I am hoping someone can offer me some advice as to what I should purchase. Currently, I have one stick of 512mb Corsair 3500 XMS (to go along with my 2100+ cpu, epox nforce2 mobo,etc). At first, I wanted to get an identical stick of ram, however, the price for this stuff is relatively expensive when compared to other ram. For instance, I think this stuff is still going for around 163.00 bucks (I paid 200.00 bucks about 6-8 months ago, I think).

Instead of shelling out 163.00 bucks for an identical stick, are there any other types of ram I should look at that will give me equal performance? Also, is this type of ddr memory going 'out of style' soon?

That "stuff" is about $163.00 at places that still have them. They are getting very hard to find new. The only thing you would want to use with that, pretty much would be another stick of bh-5 type memory, which is what that is and will be awhile before it goes out of style. However, on your epox nf2 board it will not like 2 512 modules very well. I think if they work ok it will be very hard to oc them much, if you were wanting to do so. You really can't buy bh-5 in the retail market now as it has not been produced of late, but in some places they still have offerings now and then. YHPM

Is there anywhere that still has any XMS3500 at all? I thought they were long gone.
Let me know where there are. I rather put this stuff in my machines and get rid of the CH-5 based modules.

Thanks for the info, guys. Would I have any problems mixing my current ram with, say, a stick of that new buffalo ram everyone is talking about? Or would I run into problems?

I am clueless as to what I should do :( I checked a few stores on PriceW and the first few stores that pop up dont even have the product listed on their site anymore :(

EDIT: Also, i just thought of this: should I RMA the ram? maybe I will get a different type of ram in return?

Last edited:
RMA a perfectly working part is wrong thing to do by all messures.
Try find another stick secondhand. You can mix, im mixing CH-5 with my Corsair, but im still learn to if it is stable or not, I had a few probelms and spent alot of time trying to configure a working combo.
I could be interested in buying your stick off you, then you go and buy a 1gb of something else if you wish. PM me and let me know.

Back